“Boo pants” /interj/ - an exclamation against the hegemony of pants. /n/ - The “pants” or other clothes you wear on your lower extremities when you have “boo pants” moments. Generally marked by an elastic waistband. “Boo pants” include lounge pants, pajama pants, shorts, skirts, kilts, lingerie, underwear, nudity, etc. This blog celebrates “boo pants” in all their glory.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

NUDITY!!!!

I had two thoughts related to nudity late in the day today.

1. I wish I could go to work naked. I could be more relaxed, even as I performed drudgery, if I were pantsless. The main problem is that I can't think of a reason my co-workers wouldn't/couldn't be naked, too, if they so choose, and that would make going to work even more dreadful.

2. Today, I was listening to the record that defined my generation. The cover says it all.



Yes, it's Nirvana's "Nevermind," with the naked baby, winkie in full view, chasing Almighty God-Dollar. The watershed moment of my generation had absolutely nothing to do with pants.

I was doomed, of course.

I just started taking guitar lessons and one of the first things I learned was the riff from "Come As You Are." (I play it considerably slower - so much so that you'd have a hard identifying it as that, even when I don't screw it up.)

That naked baby, Spencer Elden, just turned 18. We're all so proud.

Actually, we're Gen-Xers. We define aloof. We really don't care.

Meh.

Boo pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment